Access Services | Digital Services
The South Dakota State Library Digital Services Program was established in 2002 to further the library's mission to “lead the State in access to resources, advance literacy, and promote lifelong learning in the information age” through the use of technology.
- supports state government objectives by providing research and information resources and services
- supports development of digital local library services
- facilitates access to digital information resources which support education and information needs
- and develops online content in the form of vetted web resources and digitization of state publications, statistical report forms, and publications.
- Archived SD State Agency Websites (Archive-It)
- Online State Publications (CONTENTdm Digital Collections)
- Submit a State Publication
- Disc Repair
Archived SD State Agency Websites (Archive-It)
The South Dakota State Archives and the South Dakota State Library uses Archive-It to preserve the websites of South Dakota State Government departments and agencies, including state-funded academic institutions. These websites host annual reports, rules and regulations, legislative documents, and other born-digital state publications.
Online State Publications (CONTENTdm Digital Collections)
The South Dakota State Library's Digital Collections reflect the history and culture of South Dakota. Our collections are primarily of interest to researchers, genealogists, and librarians.
In 2009, OCLC expanded the FirstSearch Base Package with CONTENTdm . CONTENTdm “quick start” is available for digital collection building to Base Package subscribers at no additional charge. This entry-level, hosted version of CONTENTdm® will support efforts to increase access to the digital content that libraries provide.
- South Dakota Libraries
- South Dakota's 125th Celebration, 2014
- Our Capitol Centennial, June 19, 2010
- South Dakota State Agencies
- South Dakota State Agencies II
- South Dakota State Library Vertical Files
Dublin Core® Metadata Initiative
The Dublin Core Metadata Initiative, or “DCMI”, is an open organization engaged in the development of interoperable metadata standards that support a broad range of purposes and business models.
A Framework of Guidance for Building Good Digital Collections
Provides an overview of some of the major components and activities involved in the creation of good digital collections and provides a framework for identifying, organizing, and applying existing knowledge and resources to support the development of sound local practices for creating and managing good digital collections.
Northeast Document Conservation Center (NEDCC)
A nonprofit, regional conservation center specializing in the preservation of paper-based materials. NEDCC serves libraries, archives, museums, historical societies, and other collections-holding institutions, as well as private collections.
Did You Know...
An alternative way to access the Library Catalog is by logging into your ECardPlus. If you don't have a card, that's OK — just click "Guest" and you can search any SDLN Library's catalog.
- Digital Services
More CE Events