Calendar | Dakota Collections Care Intiative Workshops
Dakota Collections Care Intiative Workshops
The Dakota Collections Care Initiative (DCCI) invites you to register for one or more free hands-on workshops on how to properly care for a variety of collections, such as textiles, books, art, furniture and photographs.
What You Need to Know about the Three-Day Workshops
- They're free.
- There are morning and afternoon sessions each day.
- You can attend as many sessions as you wish.
- You can attend as many workshops as you wish in both states.
- Registration is required: dcciworkshops2012.eventbrite.com
What Are Attendees Saying about the Workshops?
"Just wanted to let everyone know that the Dakota Collections Care Initiative workshop at the Griggs County Historical Society in Cooperstown was/is WONDERFUL! I would highly recommend these free hands-on workshops for everyone."
—Susan Schlecht, Co-Director, Enderlin Historical Society & Museum Inc.
North Dakota Workshops — May & June
- June 13-15: Lewis and Clark Trail Museum, Alexander — REGISTER BY JUNE 6
- June 20-22: Stoxen Library at Dickinson State University — REGISTER BY JUNE 13
- June 27-29: Pioneer Trails Regional Museum, Bowman — REGISTER BY JUNE 20
South Dakota Workshops — August & September
- Aug. 8-10: Gregory County Historical Society, Dallas — REGISTER BY AUG. 1
- Aug. 15-17: Dakota Territorial Museum, Yankton — REGISTER BY AUG. 8
- Aug. 22-24: Fort Sisseton Historic State Park, Lake City — REGISTER BY AUG. 15
- Aug. 29-31:Timber Lake & Area Historical Society & Museum, Timber Lake — REGISTER BY AUG. 22
- Sept. 12-14: Tri-State Museum, Belle Fourche — REGISTER BY SEPT. 5
- Sept. 19-21: Keystone Area Historical Society Museum, Keystone — REGISTER BY SEPT. 12
DCCI is funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).