The Results Are IN!
The winner in the Middle School category is The Maze Runner by James Dashner, and the runner up is Jump the Cracks by Stacy DeKeyser.
The winner in the High School category is Carter Finally Gets by Brent Crawford , and the runner up is Lockdown: Escape from Furnace by Alexander Gordon Smith.
April 18, 2011
Middle School List
- Buck Fever by Cynthia Willis
- The Compound by S.A. Bodeen
- Crossing Stones by Helen Frost
- Flygirl by Sherri Smith
- Heist Society by Ally Carter
- I Am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to Be Your Class President by Josh Lieb
- I am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced by Nujood Ali
- Jump the Cracks by Stacy DeKeyser
- The Last Thing I Remember by Andrew Klavan
- Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison
- The Not-So-Great Depression by Amy Goldman Koss
- Pop by Gordon Korman
- Reckless by Cornelia Funke
- The Reinvention of Moxie Roosevelt by Elizabeth Kimmel
High School List
- Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- Bite of the Mango by Mariatu Kamara
- By Time you read this, I'll Be Dead by Julie Ann Peters
- Carter Finally Gets it by Brent Crawford
- Creature of the Night by Kate Thompson
- The Devil's Paintbox by Victoria McKernan
- Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
- Hate List by Jennifer Brown
- In Ecstasy by Kate McCaffery
- Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
- Into the Wild Nerd Yonder by Julie Halpern
- Lockdown: Escape From Furnace by Alexander Gordon Smith
- The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey
- Tangled by Carolyn Mackler
- Top 8 by Katie Finn
Permission: Book jacket covers displayed through an affiliate contract with Barnes & Noble.com .
Each year the Young Adult Reading Program (YARP) Committee of the South Dakota Library Association publishes a list to promote quality literature and to help South Dakota teachers and librarians in selecting and promoting books for adolescents. The books are selected from among the many young adult and adult books that have received positive reviews by national reviewing periodicals.
Voting is Open
South Dakota YARP/ Teen Choice Book Awards - Voting is Open!
More CE Events