YARP: Young Adult Reading Program | Nomination Guidelines
As YARP/Teen Reads members, we are looking for high-quality books that appeal to SD teenagers, books that they can't wait to read… that they will recommend to each other… books that teens will love.
- Books should be chosen on the basis of quality, suitability, and overall interest to SD teenagers, grades 6-12.
- Titles on the booklist should include both fiction and nonfiction.
- The list should have a balance of genres and gender representation, a range of reading levels (avoiding elementary), and a variety of viewpoints.
- Adult books recommended for teens may be included on the list.
- All books must be read and recommended by at least three members of the selection committee to be considered for inclusion on the list.
- Inclusion of the title on other “best books” lists is encouraged, but not mandatory.
- Titles included on the Prairie Pasque list may not be included on the YARP/Teen Reads list.
- Books may be first in a series, but may not be from subsequent volumes in the series.
- Books should have been published within the last five years.
- Books must be in print at the time of selection.
- Only one title by an author can appear on each yearâ€™s list.
YARP Book Awards
Are you having issues watching webinars or some other special online feature? Try a different web browser.
More CE Events