Computer and Internet Access Policy
INTERNET USE — GENERAL AND LEGAL
- Parents or legal guardians are responsible for the information selected or accessed by children. SD State Library assumes no responsibility for sites accessed by minors while using state library computers
- Users will respect copyright laws and licensing agreements
- Research on the Internet, or using library online resources takes priority over other activities such as the use of email or social networks
- Users must sign in at the reference desk to use a computer
- Usage is limited to 30 minutes, subject to availability. Exceptions will be made for state employees doing work related research
- Computers at the SD State Library may not be used for hacking, sending viruses, or attempting to otherwise compromise any computer or network system
- Behavior that is disruptive, offensive to others, or destructive to state library property is prohibited
- Internet computers will not be used for illegal activity, to access illegal materials or to access materials which by local community standards would be obscene
- Violators of this policy may have library computer privileges suspended
Ten (10) pages may be printed for free. Thereafter, the charge for printing is .10 per page. Exceptions to this policy may be made by the librarian where it is determined that a legitimate research need exists.
Internet Policy, revised 6/2010
YARP Book Awards: VOTE NOW!
Prairie Bud/ Prairie Pasque Book Awards
More CE Events