For Immediate Release: February 3, 2006
Contact: Mary Stadick Smith, South Dakota Department of Education, (605) 773-7228, email@example.com
State Library seeks citizen input
PIERRE, S.D.- The South Dakota State Library seeks input from South Dakota citizens regarding how technology will impact their use of information in the next 5 to 10 years. Nine focus group discussions will be held across the state to gather this information. The focus groups also will discuss what role they expect local libraries and the State Library to play in the delivery of information.
At each location, an invited panel of citizens will provide their perspective on five key questions. Following the panel discussion, the audience will participate in an open forum discussion. The general public is invited to attend.
A list of forums appears below. All, except the Miller location, begin at 7 p.m. and should conclude by 9:30 p.m. The Miller forum will run from 1:30 to 4 p.m.
Focus forums will be held at the following locations:
- Feb. 6, Chamberlain, Cozard Memorial Library, 110 E. Lawler
- Feb. 7, Vermillion, Vermillion High School Library, 1001 E. Main St.
- Feb. 8, Sioux Falls, Oak View Branch Library, 3700 E 3rd St.
- Feb. 9, Aberdeen, Northern State University, Beulah Williams Library, 1200 S. Jay
- Feb. 10, Miller, American Bank and Trust conference room, 131 N. Broadway
- Feb. 13, Mission, Sinte Gleska University Library, Highway 18
- Feb. 14, Rapid City, Rapid City Public Library, 610 Quincy St.
- Feb. 15, This focus group will meet using DDN conferencing from the four following locations: Faith School in Faith; McLaughlin School in McLaughlin; Bison High School in Bison; and the Buffalo School in Buffalo. Follow signs on the front door.
- Feb. 16, Pierre, South Dakota State Library, MacKay Conference Room, 800 Governors Dr.
For additional information, contact the South Dakota State Library at 1-800-423-6665.
This article has been archived and may not be current.
Digital Resources Coordinator (Senior Librarian)
Open until filled
Five librarians graduate from Library Training Institute
posted Friday, June 24, 2016
State Library Board
September 28, 2016, Watertown
SDSL Public Library Trustee Wiki
A general overview of trustee duties and responsibilities, issues, and skills to develop.
More CE Events