August 2009, Volume 1, Issue 8
Check Your Fall Calendars
Library Card Sign-Up Month
Banned Books Week
Sept. 26 - Oct. 3
Indian Education Summit
Festival of Books
Oct. 2-4 in Deadwood
SDLA Annual Conference
Oct. 7-9 in Aberdeen
Teen Read Week
In this month's issue
- Take time to evaluate the Summer Reading Program
- Involving young people in technology planning
- Hau Kola Learning Camp builds bridges for students and professionals
Featured eResources of the Month
Changes and enhancements to electronic resources
- Family and Youth Programs support libraries, museums
- Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy Grant Program
- Picturing America School Collaboration Projects
In Focus: Colleen Kirby
Meet the Continuing Education Coordinator at the South Dakota State Library
- What every first-year school librarian needs to know
- For Review: What to Do about Alice?
- Finalists named in ALAN's Young Adult Fiction awards
- TechSoup for Libraries ladles up technology information
- What is streaming media all about?
- What if everyone in South Dakota read the same book?
- More resources in the news
- What is Library Development Reading?
The Cornerstone monthly e-newsletter is created by the South Dakota State Library. For more information on how to be a part of this newsletter, please contact us via e-mail with your questions and ideas.