Feburary 2009, Volume 1, Issue 2
Learning Express Library
School Libraries Count!
National Library Week
How does your library promote itself?
Send your PR Pointers to: Jane Healy
trends and more...
- Technology Trends
- Booklist and Book Links magazines introduce first Digital Supplement
- Make the most of National Library Week, April 12-18
Do you wonder what the latest technology trends are and how they will impact your library? Check out these blogs to find out what the experts are saying about the latest technology trends and how those trends will affect libraries.
- Stephens, Michael. Ten trends & technologies for 2009. tametheweb.com.
- Pressley, Lauren. Top Tech Trends. litablog.org.
- Griffey, Jason. Technology the year in review. www.alatechsource.org.
Booklist and Book Links magazines introduce first Digital Supplement
In this digital supplement Booklist brings together their Editors’ Choice, Top of the List, and Laura Tillotson’s Lasting Connections. Check out this new digital supplement at viewer.zmags.com
Make the most of National Library Week, April 12-18
Check out the English and Spanish resources available on the 2009 National Library Week theme, “Worlds connect @ your library.” Materials can be downloaded from the American Library Association Public Information Office Web site at www.ala.org/nlw. Start planning now to promote use of your library and celebrate the contribution libraries make toward the betterment of our communities.