November 2009, Volume 1, Issue 11
Check your Calendars!
American Education Week
Letters for Literature
Dec. 12 deadline
SDLA Legislative Day
Jan. 14, 2010
Jan. 15-19, 2010
PLA National Conference
March 23-27, 2010
Cornerstone SurveyShare your opinions of the Cornerstone Newsletter in this quick survey!
In this month's issue
- Aberdeen is part of Knight Foundation’s $3.3 Million initiative to expand digital access at libraries
- Public librarians and libraries recognized for achieving standards
- We really want to know what you think about the Cornerstone e-newsletter!
- Popular young adult novel made into movie
- Key points from The Teenage Brain & Teens in the Library
- 2010 Young Naturalist Awards begin Dec. 1
- YALSA Teens’ Top Ten list announced
- Vote for Spoonfuls of Stories
Featured eResources of the Month
SIRS adds November Native American Spotlight of the Month, 21st Century tools, and other content
- Wiley Professional Development Grant
- Four Seasons of Hope
- Connecting to Collections 2010
- Laura Bush Foundation for America’s Libraries
- Third Annual ISTE SIG Media Specialist Technology Innovation Award
In Focus: Jean Peterson
Meet Jean Peterson, the Acquisitions Librarian at the South Dakota State Library
- SWIM Scholarship application now available
- Automating for the first time or upgrading your current automation system?
- Automation and Technology Plan Resources
- Superintendent Willard is 2009 SDLA Friend of the Library
- What are classes reading at your school?
- Letters About Literature Contest needs student letters
- Invite Picturing America scholars to your community
- HathiTrust Digital Library protects the historical record
- What is readers’ advisory?
- Consumer health resources that can help!
- More resources in the news
- What is Library Development reading?
- Teen Read Week at Brookings High School
- Senior citizen programming ideas from across the state
- Positive reading messages for students in Aberdeen
- North Middle School Library hosts holiday gift giveaway