October 2009, Volume 1, Issue 10
Check your Fall Calendars!
YARP Voting Begins
Teen Read Week
National Friends of Libraries Week
National Novel Writing Month
American Education Week
Letters for Literature
Dec. 12 deadline
Cornerstone SurveyShare your opinions of the Cornerstone Newsletter in this quick survey!
In this month's issue
- Brookings Public Library has very good friends
- What do you think about the Cornerstone e-newsletter?
- National Gaming Day is Nov. 14
- Call for Ideas for the 2011 Collaborative Summer Library Program: Children, Teens, Adults
- ALSC revises competencies for serving children
- What’s the next book in the series?
Featured eResource of the Month
- Loleta D. Fyan Grant for development of public libraries
- World Book Information Literacy Goal Award
- H.W. Wilson Library Staff Development Grant
- “We the People” Bookshelf Project
In Focus: Patsy Kringel
Meet Patsy Kringel, one of the Reference Associates at the South Dakota State Library.
- escWorks: More tips for using the new registration system
- The Filtering Frontier
- Looking for another way to advertise?
- Connects to Collections Survey is due Nov. 1
- Take another look at school library standards
- Voluntary free reading is key component in reading success
- Looking for motivation for your reluctant teen readers?
- Tools to use for Web site evaluation
- Where do I find movie review and purchasing resources?
- More resources in the news
- What is Library Development reading?
- To WriMo or not to WriMo: November is National Novel Writing Month